The WMAHSN Patient Safety Collaborative, working in collaboration with SAASoft, is delighted to announce that it will support the development of a cohort of Level-1 Improvement Science Practitioners who are trained in the art and science of Improvement-by-Design in Health and Social Care.
The West Midlands Academic Health Science Network(WMAHSN) has a clear mission to "accelerate the adoption of innovation, and to generate continuous improvement in the regions health and wealth".
SAASoft has pioneered the development of Health Care Systems Engineering (HCSE) by translating the tried-and-tested science of Systems Engineering (SE) into the Health Care domain.Click here to download HCSE case study
The PSC would like to sponsor a first wave of innovators to embark on the Level 1 HCSE training.
This will provide them with practical Improvement-by-Design skills that can be applied immediately.
And they can gain a HCSE Level 1 Certificate of Competence by completing a real-world improvement project.
For further information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications will be considered first-come-first-served.
- Email Helen Hunt for more information email@example.com
- ... and/or ...
- Visit the Foundations of Improvement Science in Health care website HERE
- Complete Module 1 and the GROW exercise to outline how you will apply the skills.
- Email your GROW statement to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Helen will register for a Flow Design Practical Skills One Day Workshop HERE.
On Full Sponsorship:
- You will be given full access to the Level 1 Practitioners course.
- You will be allocated an experienced HCSE coach.
- You will work with your HCSE coach to design-and-deliver an Improvement-by-Design project.
HCSE Level 1 Training Cost:
- The WMAHSN PSC will cover the cost of the HCSE Level 1 training. You only need to supply enthusiasm, effort and time.
- Module 1 of the Foundation OnLine Course requires about 30 minutes to complete.
- The Flow Design Practical Skills One Day Workshop requires one day to complete.
- Module 2 of the Foundation OnLine Course requires about 4 hours to complete.
- Module 3 of the Foundation OnLine Course requires about 6 hours to complete.
- The Resilient Design Practical Skills One Day Workshop requires one day to complete.
- The ISP-1 phase requires about 4 hours per week over 12-24 weeks.
On completion of the Level 1 HCSE Course and Level 1 Project you will be:
- Awarded the HCSE Level 1 Certificate of Competence
- Added to the Register of HCSE Level 1 Practitioners.
- Sponsored to publish your case study in the Journal of Improvement Science.
For further information please email: email@example.com (HCSE Coach)